Many of us dream of living in Hawaii: great beaches, living
a calm life and getting away from all the city stress and traffic. But think
again, did you know drivers in Honolulu waste 58 hours a year in traffic?
INRIX, a provider of traffic information produced a study showing
a 30% drop in traffic congestion in 2011. According to the study, prices of gas
and lack of employment opportunities are keeping people off the road.
The data is provided by approximately 100 million vehicles
that are equipped with GPS.
Here’s a list of the Top 10 Worst U.S. Traffic Cities:
1. Honolulu: Drivers waste 58 hours a year in traffic
2. Los Angeles: Drivers waste 56 hours a year in traffic
3. San Francisco: Drivers waste 48 hours a year in traffic
4. New York: Drivers waste 57 hours a year in traffic
5. Bridgeport, CT: Drivers waste 42 hours a year in traffic
6. Washington, D.C.: Drivers waste 45 hours a year in traffic
7. Seattle: Drivers waste 33 hours a year in traffic
8. Austin: Drivers waste 30 hours a year in traffic
9. Boston: Drivers waste 35 hours a year in traffic
10. Chicago: Drivers waste 36 hours a year in traffic
There are many ways to help and reduce all this time wasted
in traffic. Try biking to work, promote carpooling, find an office close to
home or commute during off-peak hours.
If you need to find the closest office to your home, give us
a call (866) 354-5478.
Labels: Cities With The Worst Traffic, Office close to home, short commute